Location ALS Environmental, Yellowknife
Position Type: Casual
Reports to: Regional Manager
About the Position:
This position is responsible for all sample login activities at the laboratory. The priority for this position will be to receive and organize samples, verify client information and enter the pertinent information into the laboratory data systems. This position will also be responsible for shipping receiving supplies and various administrative duties such as filling bottle orders and sample receipt and login.
· General duties to support lab operations (can require client communication, sample login, shipping of samples and bottles);
· Data entry into computer software (LIMS system);
· Clean and/or prepare lab ware;
· Organize workload to meet turnaround times (TATs);
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; follow ALS Safety Manual and policies;
· Work in a team environment;
· Position is nominally for Monday to Friday day shift coverage, but extended, evening or weekend shifts may be required as needed to serve our customers;
· Prepare samples for shipment and complete waybills;
· Participate in weekly rotation of janitorial duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, taking out garbage, and cleaning the bathroom;
· Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
· Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Good English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, writing, and reading);
· Basic user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and confident with computers;
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately in a fast-paced environment;
· Well organized, with proven ability to meet strict deadlines;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
· Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
· Completion of high school diploma or equivalent preferred;
· Some experience working in a warehouse or fast-paced environment is an asset;
· Some customer service experience is an asset;
· Valid provincial Class 5 driver’s licence;
· Knowledge from high school science courses and/or basic lab safety is an asset.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs./23 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
· Extensive walking or movement, bending, and kneeling for a full shift;
· Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
· Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
· Ability to stand for a full shift;
· You may be exposed to unpleasant odours;
For further details:
· Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply no later than July 26, 2020 at https://canr58.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/alscanusa/Posting/View/218
· We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
· For the employee referral bonus program this position is eligible for a Level A bonus award.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.