Aurora Geosciences Ltd (AGL) is currently looking to hire experienced geotechnicians for upcoming exploration programs starting as early as September 15, 2020.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the geotechnicians will be responsible for the following:
- To understand and perform the proper techniques for processing and gathering data ensuring that it is done safely, timely and accurately.
- Operate, repair, and maintain processing equipment; ensuring all mechanical equipment is in good working order prior to use.
- All work assignments are to be carried out to the highest level of quality.
- Complying with all Health Safety Security and Environmental rules and company policies of Aurora.
The successful candidate will have the following capabilities:
- Be committed to safe work practices and abiding by the company code of conduct and associated policies
- Be comfortable and have experience working in the field or remote work environments and in all weather conditions
- Be in good physical condition, capable of carrying up to 25kg of weight and able to work long hours
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and safeguard data
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard, maintain and repair equipment used to fulfill the job requirements
- GPS knowledge and understanding an asset, but not required
- Have a valid Drivers License (preferable)
- Have a valid Wilderness First Aid Certificate (preferable)