Janitorial Staff are expected to work as part of the NWT Resource Centre’s Community Services and Maintenance Team to provide janitorial services and some light maintenance duties to effectively fulfill its mission in the community.
This is a part-time unionized position.
Deadline to Apply: August 5, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Light Handyman repairs & maintenance
- Clean front entrance floors, doors and windows throughout the building
- Clean all washrooms.
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum throughout the building
- Sweep and mop hallways and everywhere as needed
- Sweep and mop front and rear building stairwells
- Ensures proper paper products and cleaning supplies are supplied to washrooms and kitchen.
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Food safety
- Class 4 Driver’s License is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs
- Attention to details
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Understanding of: ABORIGINAL and Inuit cultures: ADDICTIONS: MENTAL health and other social issues.
- Effective communication in English both written and oral.
- Experience in performing maintenance and light repairs
- Acceptable criminal record check
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.