Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
Under the supervision and direction of the Manger, the Head Cook leads and directs the Food Service Team in preparing and serving all food products. The position of Head Cook is a hands-on cooking position and the Head Cook must be willing and able to work in all areas of food operations.
The Head Cook position is a full-time position.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Should have 3-5 years’ experience as a Head Cook or as a restaurant Kitchen Manager.
- Ability to provide and maintain supervision over food production for up to 200 people.
- Must have Red Seal certification or Journeyman Cook equivalent to qualify for position.
- Must have current certificates in Food Safe, standard First Aid, WHMIS, and Supervisor Level, and keep them updated as required.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in ala carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Position requires knowledge of extensive computer operations, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have a complete understanding of inventory control and cost control systems.
- Must be physically fit and capable of warehousing, shipping, receiving, packing, and stacking pallets of perishable and nonperishable food items and cleaning supplies.
A job description is available upon request.
You can apply online directly at: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=100