Are you looking for a new and exciting career within the Customer Service? Maybe you are looking for a change in career and the ability to try new things?
Bouwa Whee Catering is seeking a Head Housekeeper
Reporting to the Camp Manager at the Gahcho Kue Mine site, the Head Housekeeper leads and directs the Housekeeping and Janitorial staff in assigning tasks to provide clean and safe living accommodations for our guests. The ideal candidate for this position must be fully capable and willing of complying with all policies, procedures and service standards as well as follow and proactively promote all health and safety policies and initiatives and be willing to fill in for any position within the Housekeeping Department should the need rise.
This is a Full-Time position on a 2x2 rotation.
- the point of pickup for this position is limited to the Northwest Territories. Candidates will need to be available to fly from a pick up point location within the Northwest Territories
- Please ensure to include your WHMIS, First Aid and any other safety certification when submitting your resume
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- A minimum of one year supervisory experience in the housekeeping or related industry
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Strong communication and customer relations abilities
- Current WHMIS certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Have attention to detail, strong organization skills and can prioritize well
- Ideally has the ability to lead and motivate staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Concept of working as a team player and having the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work 12 hour days and perform under pressure in a fast paced, team-based environment
Full Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RRSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via phone call.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/