We are hiring a skilled Heavy Equipment Operations Trainer to join the Training team in a remote camp located in the Northwest Territories. This role supports the technical and operational training and development of site employees to ensure safe operations of equipment as well to comply with regulatory training requirements. Our ideal candidate is experienced, hands-on, and team focused. This position is a temporary contract and requires rotational work.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide technical equipment training for your area of responsibility:
- Dozers (Komatsu 65-375 preferred), Excavators (Komatsu 360-1250 preferred), Graders (Cat 16M preferred), Loaders (Komatsu 250-900 preferred) and Haul Trucks (Komatsu 400, 785, 830 preferred)
- Provide mentoring and work with operations team leads to assess training requirements
- Provides training consultation and coaching support to work teams
- The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to operate both autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- The candidate must be able to prioritize multiple job tasks using strong organizational skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is vital.
- Ability to assess skills and competencies of equipment operators
- Clear understanding of the NWT Mine, Health and Safety Act
- Strong Leadership skill and ability to provide direction and feedback
- Ability to plan, develop and schedule training
- Work well in a team atmosphere
- Keeps current on learning practices, qualifications, and industry standards; is committed to continuous development of self and others
We require an individual who has:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating equipment
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive coaching workplace trainer experience
- Workplace Instructor Certification from a recognized institution (i.e., Train the Trainer)
- WSCC Supervisory Ticket
- First Aid Certificate
- Air Brakes Instruction Experience required
- Strong computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Platforms
- Familiarity with LMS systems and course management and reporting
- Experience working at a remote site on a rotation basis
Applicants must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to work at a remote location
- Confidence to thrive under pressure
- Be physically and mentally fit to work long hours
Please note all positions require a current Criminal Record Check and a fit for work medical assessment.
Please apply with your resume and references to email@example.com
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Khione is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.