If you are a reliable and good-natured individual seeking to join a positive work environment in a reputable family-owned company, we want you!
Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd. is in search of a dedicated and skilled tradesperson to join our team as a Heavy Equipment Technician.
This position is based in Yellowknife, NT out of our newly constructed state-of-the-art shop/office complex in the Engle Business District.
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Perform inspections, repair and maintenance on light vehicles, heavy equipment and off-road equipment
- Produce and finish work orders
- Research and order parts
- Red Seal Journey-person Heavy Equipment Technician designation
- 4-5 years experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment, including medium and heavy duty trucks
- Hold a Valid Class 5 (or higher) Driver's Licence. Class 3A is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Outstanding demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Flexible, positive attitude.
- Highly driven; ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- This is a full-time position.
- Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd. pays a competitive wage with a comprehensive benefits program.
Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd. is a northern-owned and operated business providing the City of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories and surrounding areas, with garbage collection and vacuum truck sewage removal service for over 50 years.