Holistic Animal Manager
The role of the Holistic Animal Manager (HA Manager) is to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of the NFTI farm campus according to the Holistic Management framework. This will include; maintenance of grazing and breeding plan, various ecological monitoring programs, yearly financial plan and forecasts.
Another major component of this role is to maintain the NFTI site as an Accredited Hub within the Savory global network. This is an integral position and in this capacity, the HA Manager will work closely with the President to help plan, design, implement and manage the whole organization, land and animal systems following HM principles.
NOC # 0821
- Implementing and maintaining the NFTI campus operations under Holistic Management (including training and supporting other staff)
- Working with the President and staff to design NFTI’s planned grazing system
- Raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals using the Holistic Management platform
- Developing our marketing strategy
- Performing duties associated with maintaining NFTI’s Savory Hub accreditation
- Participating as a lead instructor for training and workshops NFTI offers related to Holistic Management
- Assist the Operations Manager with communications, directing staff meetings, web site maintenance, organizing and facilitating promotional events and other related work
- Minimum four years experience managing a farm with livestock using pasture-based grazing
- Experience managing an educational farm hub affiliated with the Savory Institute
- Be a Holistic Management Accredited Professional
- A university degree or college diploma in agricultural management or related studies is an asset
- Be fluent in English, and ability to speak French is an asset