The Housing Program Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Kádúyı́le Home, including providing case management services for the homes’ residents, and oversees the provision of the Housing Society’s programs. Kádúyı́le Home has been established to provide safe transitional housing and supported living for single men aged 19 years and over, who would otherwise be homeless or insecurely housed and who are willing to engage in collaborative group living while maintaining a sober home environment. The position reports to the KGHS President and Board of Directors. The Housing Manager will live and work in Fort Good Hope, NWT.
- Provide coordination of case management services to men in the transitional home.
- Conduct assessments with residents to develop personal plans through determining goals, barriers, resource and other needs to help men achieve their goals for personal growth and housing stability.
- Act as a liaison between the resident and other agencies involved in their plan of care, maintaining effective working relationships and communications with community agency partners.
- Chair the Kádúyı́le Home Admissions Committee for review of Resident applications and provide recommendations to the Committee on admissions to the home, supported through a decision-making matrix.
- Supervise and support staff of the Kádúyı́le Home, including day-to-day problem solving as required to ensure a respectful, healthy, calm and collaborative environment is maintained for staff, residents and those accessing services provided by the Housing Society. Handle difficult situations between residents as they arise.
- Oversee the safe day-to-day operations of the Kádúyı́le Home site and ensure any deficiencies noted by residents or staff are addressed.
- Coordinate development, implementation and adaptive review of housing programs, housing policies, and operational procedures and be knowledgeable about all policies and procedures.
- Chair the integrated Interagency Committee of local service agencies and support effective involvement of the committee in the ongoing development of different KGHS activities and programming to ensure holistic and integrated services.
- Develop partnerships and engage the community to promote KGHS and to support the development of sustainable program initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and record keeping related to Resident files and case management and ensure security, confidentiality and privacy is maintained.
- Maintain accurate record keeping in relation to KGHS programs and operation of the Kádúyı́le Home.
- Assist with report writing and develop funding proposals as required for the Housing Society.
- Listen to feedback and facilitate the Resident grievance process as detailed in the Resident Handbook to achieve successful and collaborative resolution of identified concerns.
- Implement evaluation of the Kádúyı́le Home program, including a mechanism for Resident feedback.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
We welcome applications from individuals with a background and/or training in social services, addictions, counseling, restorative justice or a related field and related work experience. Previous supervisory experience of 2 years is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LOCAL HIRING POLICY
If minimum criteria can be met, preference will be given to Sahtú Beneficiaries firstly, residents of the Sahtú secondly, and to residents of the NWT thirdly. Applicants outside the NWT will be considered if a suitable applicant is not found within the NWT.
A copy of the complete job description can be accessed here:https://kashogotinehousingsociety.org
Please submit cover letter and resume to James Caesar, email@example.com
Candidates who are short listed for an interview will be asked to submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector Criminal Records check (current within the last 6 months).
Position will be open until filled by the right applicant.