Det’on Cho Corporation (DCC) is recruiting for a Human Resource Manager to join our vibrant team. Working closely with DCC and its subsidiary companies, the ideal candidate will possess a combination of talent and experience in managing a Human Resource department and staff.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the leadership team and is a hands-on operational manager who provides guidance, direction and support on all human resource matters. You are accountable for labour relations and ensuring that the applications of company policy are administered consistently and effectively across the various business units.
- Strategic Planning and Human Resource Planning:
- Work as part of the Executive Team to establish and manage human resource strategies, plans and programs
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Develop and Advise on Human Resource Policies and Procedures:
- Provide support, advice and guidance to managers, supervisors and employees on the interpretation of Corporation policies as well as the application and interpretation of all relevant legislation, acts and regulations.
- Continuous improvement on workforce development
- Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, compensation, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Deliver full recruitment services including front end needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing, and employee offers and contracts
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, labor relations, and HR strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation, benefits, safety, training, and workforce planning practices and principles
- Working knowledge of HR and payroll systems
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources role
- College Diploma or University Degree focused on Human Resources is considered an asset
Det’on Cho offers full support and commitment from our management team as well as a rewarding and exciting work environment. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits, as well as participation in pension benefits.
If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing and vibrant Corporation, a career with Deton’ Cho may be just what you’ve been searching for.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and references to the following:
Online Application: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=101
Or in person: 3rd floor-Deton’ Cho Building 901 Sikyea Tili
This position will be Opened Until Filled
As a First Nation owned for profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry. We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.