We have a great opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator, in our Yellowknife office, that would be perfect for an HR professional, who is looking to gain experience working in a growing organization.
Reporting to the President, the HR Coordinator will include a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Managing the day-do-day operations of the Human Resources department;
- Assist Management team with providing advice and resolution to employee issues;
- Act as the first point of contact for employee questions and concerns;
- Full Cycle recruitment (Including posting positions, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, completing background and reference checks, and issuing offer letters);
- Paperwork Processing (Including creating/maintaining electronic employee files, and entering employee additions/changes into the HRIS system);
- Ensure all paper and electronic personnel files/databases are properly maintained and updated;
- Provides back-up support for payroll;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Relevant university Degree or Diploma;
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a similar role required;
- Previous experience in a mining or industrial environment is preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Sage payroll/HRIS system will be considered an asset.
Applicants must have excellent communication and people skills with ability to negotiate and/or mediate when required; demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices; and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be a self- starter, highly organized, accurate and detailed oriented.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 867-873-4771.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects