Position Title: IT Technician
Reference Number: GSIT041
Department: Human Resources
Job Location: Yellowknife NT
Apply By: Email to email@example.com
Closing date: Open
The IT Technician’s role is to support and maintain client and in-house computer systems, servers, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal server/workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training and assistance where required. Global Storm is primarily a service support company and gives guaranteed quality of service and response times to its corporate client base.
In Global Storm IT we…
- engage your unique talents and perspectives
- welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better
- support you all the way in your efforts to achieve, learn and grow
- give you the tools, training and support you need to connect with new and current customers
- motive your success
This role may be for you if…
- you believe in the power of relationships
- you enjoy the rewards, support and recognition
- you are client-facing and know how to develop relationships with your clients
- you are self-motivated
- you like working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
In a typical week, you might….
- Work with the Global Storm team, as well as the end users, to identify and deliver required services.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and collaborate
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required service.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users on general workstation-related tasks.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot client workstation hardware and software.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex workstation problems for a variety of clients, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site and/or off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, tickets, and/or e-mails regarding workstation related problems.
- Develop and maintain client-specific inventories of hardware and software.
- Monitor and test workstation performance, and provide statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring workstation performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of hardware procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware and software products for purchase.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform workstation hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware needs.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with said plans.
- Maintain and document assigned tasks within our ticketing system.
- Work in a team environment, providing guidance to others when needed.
We are looking for…
- College diploma, university degree, or equivalent certifications in the field of computer science.
- Minimum 3 years of IT-related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license – usable within NT.
- Bondable – must get current Criminal Records Check.
Nice points to have…
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Current networking certification; Network+, CCNA, or equivalent.
- LabTech IT automation certification and/or experience.
- MS Exchange certification and/or experience.
- SQL Server certification and/or experience.
- Network security certification and/or experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge of server, network, and workstation hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Your work conditions will be…
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various computer equipment and tools.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, peripherals, and UPSs.
- Travel; including to remote areas and small communities with limited facilities.
And of course…
- Global Storm is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Global Storm believes that diversity leads to strength.
Our solutions include real-time remote support for every member of your team, and a dedicated lead technician for on-site support when necessary.