Complete janitorial/handyman/maintenance tasks throughout the Resource Centre.
This is a casual unionized position. As this is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, it will be a 40-hour work week until September 1, 2019. The applicant must be between 15 and 30 years old on the first day of hire.
· Clean front entrance floors, doors and windows throughout the building
· Clean all washrooms.
· Sweep and mop floors
· Vacuum throughout the building
· Sweep and mop hallways and everywhere as needed
· Sweep and mop front and rear building stairwells
· Ensures proper paper products and cleaning supplies are supplied to washrooms and kitchen.
· Other duties as required
· Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial skills
· Ability to work within a team enviroment
· Food safety
· Class 4 Driver’s License is an asset
· Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs
· attention to details
· ability to follow directions and work independently
· Undestanding of: ABORIGINAL and inuit cultures: ADDICTIONS: MENTAL health and other social issues.
· effective communication in english both witten and oral.
· experience in performing maintenance and light repairs
· Acceptable criminal record check
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.