In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to discover the Yukon by working in the heart of this stunning Canadian territory. So, if you enjoy exploring the outdoors in your spare time and want to get paid well for the work you do, then you’ll definitely want to apply for this position. There’s even an RRSP matching program and some other amazing perks being offered to the successful candidate.
Working as a Journeymen Mechanic at our client’s company, you’ll ensure your coworkers’ safety while extending the lifespan of the company’s fleet of highway tractors and fuel trailers. This exciting opportunity is responsible for servicing company vehicles and trailers on a regular maintenance and motor vehicle inspection schedule. Our successful candidate will be able to maintain current, accurate digital files, and both troubleshoot and correct vehicle problems.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic individual who is eager to learn and apply their knowledge while developing their mechanical skills. Having an extensive understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other systems would be an asset to completing the daily tasks for this position.
To be successful in this role, you must be a team player, safety conscious, naturally inquisitive, and a good problem-solver. If you’re looking for long-term career development, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and are willing to train others, then look no further this may be your next dream job!
- Service and maintain companies trailers and tractor on regular maintenance and MVI schedule.
- Troubleshoot issues and find reasons for malfunctions
- Must keep shop organized and meet all safety regulations
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers specifications and legislated regulations
- Maintain current and accurate digital files
- Dedicate your time to learn and complete educational programs that the Company provides
- Oversee junior mechanics in the shop and help prioritize tasks on an on-going basis
- Grade 12 High School diploma, will consider equivalent
- Journeymen mechanic certification completed
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean abstract
- Class 1 with air brakes is considered an asset
- Be physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Successfully complete initial and recurrent courses and training
- Adhere to all Company procedures and Safety policies
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must be willing to relocate to Whitehorse, Yukon
Spirit Staffing is an Indigenous owned, employment and training agency that has been placing professionals in the workplace for over 20 years. Our niche is in Indigenous recruitment, community engagement, and consultations.