Paul Bros Nextreme Inc. is currently looking to hire a Journeyman Plumber.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic, be willing to work shift work, get along well with others in a team environment, but also comfortable working under minimal supervision and is willing to be flexible with last minute or emergency client requests.
Hours are based on a minimum 40 hours per week and with opportunities for overtime as our work week is Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm in Yellowknife.
Relocation assistance is available and candidates relocating will also be offered a room in our subsidized Staff Accommodation in Yellowknife, which is located next to our Manufacturing Facility. Candidates who successfully complete their 3 months’ probation will also be eligible for the company’s health/dental benefits.
Wage is dependent upon experience, certifications and is competitive.
Certifications (the following certifications are considered an asset):
- Journeyman Plumber
- Driver’s License (Class 5)
- Must have a journeyman's license
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial, industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Experience using standard plumber’s tools such as snakes, wrenches, pipe threaders, hand and bench tools, power saws, and pressure gauges
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Be familiar with various mechanical systems, including pellet, oil, and gas (is an asset but not mandatory)
- Ability to manage time efficiently on various projects
- Good communication skills, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to troubleshoot problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Willingness to work with and assist co-workers as needed, in addition to working overtime, night, and weekend hours
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Assemble and install valves and fittings. Install, sinks, plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Preventative Maintenance: Maintaining and servicing existing boilers, furnace, HWTs, etc
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems regarding failures in systems and taking necessary action of repair and replacement
- Successful candidate must be highly skilled in the trade, be able to work alone and or with others.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience with all aspects of residential and commercial plumbing as well as their own permitting depending on job requirements
Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. looks forward to your application. Please e-mail cover letters and resumes. This job position will remain open until filled. We will only contact successful candidates via e-mail and/or phone. All other resumes will be kept on file for 3 months. Please do not fax your resume.
All our directors are Aboriginal and were born and raised in the Northwest Territories from all three recognized aboriginal groups: Dené, Métis, and Inuvialuit. We are CWB and COR certified. With our diverse team of welders, ironworkers, millwrights, pipefitters, machinists, mechanics, carpenters, industrial painters, plumbers, welding inspectors, and engineers; we are a regional leader and deliver unrivaled quality and optimum value.
OUR PROUD MOMENTS
- Chosen as the recipient of the top 20 under-40 Award Canada Wide from the Canadian Welding Association in October 2015
- Received the Aboriginal Business of the Year Award from the NWT Chamber of Commerce in October 2015
- Highlighted on the Cover of the NWT Construction Magazine (and profiled within) in June 2014
- Received the Advanced in Technology Award in October 2014
- Received the Top in Technology Award in October 2011
Our team receives regular training to make sure they stay updated with the latest equipment and standards.