Description: The position of Junior Building Operator is responsible for maintaining building performance and functionality and is critical to the operations of Northview’s commercial buildings.
- Routine building rounds and inspections of properties systems and functionality;
- Grounds keeping and occasional landscaping work in all seasons may be required;
- Maintaining washrooms, i.e. functionality of toilets, taps, partitions & lights;
- Organize tools, supplies, ladders, etc;
- Change lights and ceiling tiles as needed;
- Check all emergency power packs and exit lights;
- Ensure safety standards are met;
- Paint mechanical room, utility rooms and common areas as needed;
- Maintain cleanliness of all mechanical and utility rooms i.e. dust-off equipment, sweep and mop floors;
- The successful candidate will assist the Building Managers in achieving a high standard of workmanship, time management and customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Commercial and mixed-use properties would be considered an asset;
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance;
- Possession of or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineering Certification would be an asset but not required;
- Proficiency with power tools, front-end loader and other equipment will be an asset;
- Strong communication skills and a proven team player with a positive attitude towards the team and customers;
- Must be flexible, organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once;
- Physical exertion including lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with abstract will be required;
- Able to pass clear of relevant convictions and clearance of criminal background check will be required.
Across Canada, our passion is providing our customers with a place to call home. These homes make up the neighbourhoods where we are proud to live, work and play, alongside our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants.