Olthuis, Kleer, Townshend LLP is a full service medium-size law firm that has established a reputation of excellence and leadership in our industry. We are looking to hire a Legal Assistant / Admin Support person to join our team. We are a prestigious firm with excellent compensation and benefits package and congenial work environment.
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant / Admin Support for our Yellowknife office with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
Duties will include:
- Independently manage the daily operations for small team of lawyers.
- Prepare hearing support materials (e.g. trial books, compendiums, chronologies, etc.) with limited supervision;
- Support lawyers regarding various administrative tasks: opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Responsible for generating and proofreading documents.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits/withdrawals and preparing expense reports and account balances.
- Calendar and schedule management including arranging meetings and coordinating catering and travel requests.
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients, as well as with various court.
- Answer billing related inquiries from lawyers or assistants.
- Greeting and announcing guests.
- Providing telephone coverage, assisting callers, and conveying detailed messages.
- General office responsibilities including filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, processing and distributing mail, messenger packages, and express mail packages.
- Assisting with various administrative duties such as document preparation, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing time and expense reports in accordance with company policies, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Checking printers, fax machines and office equipment daily, re-stocking with paper, delivering faxes and notifying proper personnel if maintenance is needed.
- Booking conference rooms and arrange meeting set-up.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies and business stationery.
- Handling office facility requests and maintaining general office appearance.
- The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job.
- Able to work some overtime if needed.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- University Degree, diploma or equivalent work experience is an asset
- 4-5 years’ experience working as a legal assistant.
- Lighthouse Software experience preferred.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe and MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to carry out law firm practices and procedures with minimal instruction.
- Superior attention to detail, including proofreading ability.
- Ability to take the initiative, be proactive, prioritize, problem solve and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented.