We are a proud, homegrown, northern-based family business. With locations in Hay River and Norman Wells, serving businesses and individuals in the Northwest Territories. Recognized as the 2011 ALSA Alberta North Liquor Retailer of the Year and 2011 Alberta Winner for Education in Retailing.
As the Liquor Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations including: customer service, hiring, training, merchandising and cash balancing. You will gain management experience in a retail field and possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills. Previous retail liquor store experience is an asset.
This position is limited to candidates who are currently able to legally work in Canada. If you are not Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or in possession of an open work permit, the employer will not consider your application.
- Provide customers with friendly and efficient service
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- Being aware of and complying with all Liquor Licensing laws
- Cash handling and transactions
- Inventory management
- Balancing and Cash Management functions including managing floats and performing daily cash-outs
- Stock Shelves and Displays
- Set up displays
- Perform various file maintenance duties
- Answer customer queries and complaints in a courteous manner
- Scheduling to meet store needs
- Staffing- pre-screening, interviewing
- Previous supervisory experience
- Cash/till management experience an asset
- Product knowledge or previous experience in liquor sales preferred (not required)
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Work in a fast-paced team environment
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Portray a positive attitude
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills