Logistics & Transport Manager
Discover the Yukon by working in the heart of this stunning Canadian territory. If you’re our successful candidate, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the outdoors in your spare time and get paid well for your work as our client’s Logistics & Transport Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you would be responsible for managing and scheduling our client’s shop, repair, and trucking services. Ultimately, this role directly manages all fleet operations, which include: vehicle maintenance (routine, preventative and reactive), shop scheduling, and oversees dispatch. Our client is looking for someone who can both lead and manage the fleet’s maintenance crew and drivers.
Our ideal candidate is organized, well-planned, responsible, and has excellent interpersonal skills. As this is a fast-paced environment, the ability to prioritize tasks and shift priorities is a must. We’re looking for someone who pays attention to detail, asks questions when gathering information, and provides clear direction to their team.
Our client’s company is dedicated to the safety of their employees. Part of the role’s responsibilities is to ensure staff members strictly follow safety and environmental stewardship regulations. Our successful candidate will also be part of the hiring and training process for new drivers and maintenance staff on their team.
To succeed in this role, you must be continuously improving internal processes, safety conscious, and be a reliable problem-solver. If you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a background in logistics management, then look no further this may be your next dream job!
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, Journeyman certificate or management training with relevant work experience
- At least three of experience in petroleum logistics is preferred
- Experienced Class 1 Driver with Management experience (5-10 Years)
- Experience with the following inspection programs:
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (truck and trailer)
- DOT Tank inspections, VKIP & UC
- Meter calibration
- Experience with development, implementation or following a preventative maintenance program for highway trucks and trailers
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Clean abstract
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHMIS, Red Cross First Aid
- CPPI training would be an asset
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to clarify task requirements
- Detail orientated and customer focused
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Able to shift priorities and delegate duties to ensure tasks are safely completed on time
- Computer knowledgeable, with familiarity in Word, Excel, and Email
- Adhere to all Company procedures and policies
- Must pass criminal record check, drug and alcohol testing
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Whitehorse, Yukon
Spirit Staffing is an Indigenous owned, employment and training agency that has been placing professionals in the workplace for over 20 years. Our niche is in Indigenous recruitment, community engagement, and consultations.