Reporting to the Camp Manager at Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine, the Maintenance Labourer is a full-time position on a two weeks in and two weeks out rotation.
General camp maintenance duties which may include (but are not limited to):
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
- Record all needed repairs and report all repairs to supervisor.
- Ensure all site buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
The successful candidate will be willing and able to fulfill any reasonable related duties requested by the Camp Manager and our client.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- WHIMIS and Standard First Aid Certificates.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
The successful candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including (but not limited to):
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Working in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Repetitive movements; semi-reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee Catering is a subsidiary of Det’on Cho Corporation, the economic development arm of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation. It has been operating as a premier event and contract catering company within the greater Yellowknife area since 1988, and provides full catering and camp accommodation services to companies in the North.