- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Competitive starting salary of $92,196 plus a community-specific Northern Allowance totalling approximately $19,716!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced manager!
Build a successful career with the KHA
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) delivers the Public Housing Program to 25 Nunavut communities with a vision of ensuring affordable housing options for all Nunavummiut. The financial and professional resources needed to provide ongoing public housing services are made available through management agreements between the NHC and the Local Housing Organizations (LHO), of which the Cambridge Bay Housing Association (CBHA) is one.
Located in Cambridge Bay in the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut, the CBHA is responsible for providing public housing management and maintenance services, as well as access to public housing and homeownership programs of the NHC.
About the Opportunity
The Cambridge Bay Housing Association (CBHA) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join our team in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary starting at $92,196 plus a Community specific Northern Allowance of $19,716. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- Enrolment in the NEBS Pension Plan and Insurance.
- Subsidized Staff Housing.
- Generous Vacation Package.
- Relocation Assistance.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!
Reporting to the Housing Manager, in this role you will be responsible for leading a team of 8 to 20 workers tasked with performing the overall maintenance, preventative maintenance, and renovations of approximately 236 units in public housing and staff housing.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising maintenance staff, assessing training needs, and mentoring.
- Identifying methods to reduce the amount of on-demand maintenance calls.
- Interacting with Tenants and other interest groups on a day to day basis.
- Keeping proper records of all maintenance activities and contracting, also providing reporting as requested to NHC District office staff.
- Ensuring CBHA property and structures are maintained at an optimum level.
In order to qualify for this role, you should have a post-secondary education in a related field along with at least 5 years of experience in a managing or supervising role within the construction industry.
As our ideal candidate for the role, you will also have knowledge of or experience with the following:
- Project budgeting and cost control.
- Maintenance management software.
- Inventory management and logistics.
- Contract administration and project management.
- Fluency in the Inuktitut language (Asset).
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time management skills. The ability to coordinate many activities simultaneously and to track the progress of all of the activities is crucial. Your self motivated nature and the ability to work effectively as both part of a cross-cultural team and individually will ensure your success in this role.
Finally, a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check free from relevant convictions as well as a valid class 5 driver's license and driver's abstract will both be required for this role.