Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Building Maintenance Technician to join our CHARS project in Cambridge Bay, NU. The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for minor maintenance of all aspects of CHARS facilities such as: minor carpentry, drywall repair, touch-up painting, baseboard repairs, hanging of pictures/ whiteboards, minor plumbing repairs (leaking tapes plugged toilets, etc.) assist other trades when time permits.
Hiring preference will be given to local residents of Cambridge Bay, NU and/or to candidates that qualify as a Land Claim Beneficiary.
- Carries out preventive maintenance inspections and tasks generated by the work management system;
- Carries out all required maintenance tasks on CHARS facilities including minor repairs to drywall, painting and patching of walls, molding and trim repairs, minor plumbing repairs;
- Assists other building trades as required.
- Carries out preventive maintenance inspections for all trades and corrects minor deficiencies in any trade or specialty within their ability;
- Other duties as required within abilities.
- 2 or more years’ experience performing facility maintenance, renovations, or trades help work
- Valid class 5 Driver’s license and clean Driver’s abstract
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system is an asset
- Ability to learn and use computers and web based applications will be required.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.