- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Competitive starting salary of $103,662 plus a Northern Travel allowance of $22,042!
- A challenging and rewarding role for an experienced manager!
About the Organization
Kugluktuk Housing Association (KHA) operates under a management agreement with the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) that works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. KHA is one of 25 Local Housing Organizations (LHO) that delivers subsidized housing in cooperation with the NHC. As such, the KHA Manager has a reporting relationship with the NHC and will be required to work closely with the district offices in carrying out the management function at the KHA.
About the Opportunity
The Kugluktuk Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Housing and Finance Operations to join our team in Kugluktuk, Nunavut on a full-time basis for a period of two years, with the option of renewal.
Reporting to the KHA Board of Directors you will be responsible for the full accounting cycle as well as human resources, maintenance, budgeting, rents collections and administrative functions of the KHA. Support is provided to the Manager by the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) staff in the areas of Finance, Maintenance, Board relations and Programs administration.
More specifically your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervising Administration and Maintenance Staff and keeping proper personnel records.
- Interacting with Tenants and other interest groups on a day to day basis.
- Keeping proper accounting records and reports and liaising with Audit/Consultant staff as well as NHC District office staff monthly and preparing annual budgets with established restraints.
- Ensuring KHA property and structures are maintained at an optimum level.
- Providing guidance to the Board of Directors on matters such as NHC housing programs, policies, financial matters, public housing allocations and acting as Secretary to the Board during all meetings.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration and/or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of management, full-cycle accounting and property management experience.
- Experience with budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, and administering payroll and related records.
- Experience interpreting financial records.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the Inuit language, communities, culture, land/Inuit Quajimajatuqangiit (asset).
- A valid Class 5 Driver's license.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time management skills. The ability to coordinate many activities simultaneously and to track the progress of all of the activities is crucial.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Please note this is a non-unionized position. A Criminal Record Check will be required.