Are you interested in learning more about wild foods, herbal products, and manufacturing local northern products using wild locally harvested ingredients? Do you love being outdoors, and in nature? Laughing Lichen is seeking a motivated, hardworking, and responsible recruit to join our team.
- Processing retail orders, shipping and receiving.
- Prepare, manufacture and package herbal products such as oils, salves, soap, herbs, and tea
- Harvest and process native wild herbs, berries, fungi, and lichens.
- Assisting with daily operations of on-site staff, volunteers, and students
- Assist with Typing letters, reports, policies, and other documents.
- Respond to telephone, and email enquiries.
- Assist in the delivery of facilitation of workshops and training programs.
- Assisting with various administrative tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, and basic math skills are imperative.
- An interest in learning about wild native plants, mushrooms, and berries of the north.
- Comfortable working outdoors in environments where wildlife may be encountered.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers. Proficiency in English reading and writing skills.
- Comfortable working both as a team member and independently with minor supervision.
- Capable of multi-tasking, planning several activities simultaneously.
- Physically fit and able to lift-up to 30 lbs, carry backpacks, and hike up to 4 kilometers per/day.
- Employee will be responsible for providing their own outdoor clothing suitable for all weather conditions such as warm winter boots, proper hiking boots, bug jacket, raingear etc.
- Drivers License/personal transportation is a requirement for this position.
- Ability to commute to business location daily located 30kms from Yellowknife, NT.
- A Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search will be a condition of Offer of employment.
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- An interest in marketing and sales
- First Aid/CPR/wilderness First Aid
- Valid Food Safe Certification Level 1 or equivalent
- Knowledge and identification of native plant, fungi, and lichens
- Educational background in retail, bookkeeping, biology, ecology and botany and teaching.How to Apply:
Application is open to residents of the Northwest Territories only.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and references outlining how they meet the specific requirements for the position to Amy Maund by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time permanent position.
Submission deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate all applications but only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply. This opportunity will be posted until filled.
Established in 2010 Laughing Lichen is a tea farm, learning centre and manufacturer of wild foraged products operating in Canada’s northern wilderness. Our facility is “off-the-grid” powered using solar energy. We teach workshops and offer Internship training in the field of wild foods, herbal medicine, ecology, and traditional economy. The products we create are crafted in small batches using wild herbs, berries, lichens, and fungi foraged from across the Northwest Territories. Our product line includes teas, herbs, spice dried forest products, soap, candles, and personal care products. Spurred by our love of nature, Laughing Lichen was founded upon our value of ethical harvesting to ensure a sustainable future for everyone - our forests included. Laughing Lichens high quality wild ingredients are harvested by hand in the wilderness. Our Facilities are located approximately 30 minutes via road from Yellowknife along HWY 4. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram to learn more about the cool work we do!