NWT Tourism, the Destination Marketing Organization for the Northwest Territories, is looking for an experienced Marketing Project Coordinator. This position supports the activities of the Marketing Director, contributing to the successful management of marketing activities, administration of the marketing budget, facilitating the movement of multiple concurrent projects, and assisting with the tracking and allocation of marketing resources.
This position is based in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories . The deadline to apply is Thursday, May 9th at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. Cover letters and resume should be sent to the Chief Executive Officer. NWT Tourism will respond to those selected for an interview.
Under the direction of the Marketing Director:
- Assist in the development and implementation of an annual territory-wide marketing plan by gathering market information and research, and organizing the information to assist in the development of the plan
- Assist with the planning, development, implementation and reporting of five regional marketing plans.
- Keep records of marketing projects currently underway, and liaise with the Marketing Director and various staff and partners to coordinate inputs, reviews and decisions required with the goal of keeping projects moving forward to planned timelines.
- Coordinate the logistics associated with annual Destination Canada Partnership Agreements.
- Administer a variety of records, tracking marketing activities and timelines, managing commitments to expenditures for marketing programs, and monitoring and assessing progress and performance on marketing activities against approved project scopes and budgets.
- An understanding of marketing, marketing plans, tools and tactics;
- An understanding of the Northwest Territories and its tourism products;
- Ability to gather and summarize data from a variety of sources, and identify data trends;
- Strong computer software program skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point with an advanced level of experience in Excel;
- Attention to details when working with facts and numbers
- Proven oral and creative written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement marketing activities.
- Ability to contribute to marketing decisions and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural and multicultural environments.
- Ability to assist in preparing and administering program budgets and contracts.
- Ability to deal with a stressful and demanding environment involving a high volume of work and critical deadlines.
The level of knowledge, skills and abilities required to deliver all aspects of this position are commonly acquired through a diploma or undergraduate degree in marketing or business administration, combined with three to five years of experience in a marketing position with a Destination Marketing Organization, government tourism office or private sector business. Equivalencies will be considered.
Based in Yellowknife, NWT, a small team of staff work with contracted General Sales Agents in Japan, Germany, and Australia and with other contracted marketing partners in South Korea, and China. NWT Tourism works closely with a variety of local, regional, national and international partners to establish the spectacular NWT brand, to uphold the NWT's destination reputation and to increase visitation to and visitor expenditure in the Northwest Territories.