The caseworker provides residential support and guidance to adults with chronic mental health needs. Responsible for teaching and assisting clients with life skills and fostering inclusion to enhance independence. This is a full time unionized position.
Deadline to Apply: August 9, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Assist Program Supervisor in evolving case plan
- Implement case plans and monitor progress.
- Provides advocacy services.
- Ensures clients understand and adhere to program rules and responsibilities
- Complete assessments regarding client's life skills, safety and physical/emotional risk.
- Also implements emergency behavioral interventions and identifies and documents potential problematic or maladaptive behaviours
- Administers medication
- Co-ordinate client referrals
- Consolidates and analyzes data by a variety of assessment tools to guide client services
- Plans and implements formal sessions, or refer to other agencies, on a variety of topics
- Develops and monitors behavioural modification strategies
- Lead caseworkers in developing, organizing, and implementing a daily and weekly schedule that incorporates client needs
- Plans recreational activities
- Transport, or arrange for transportation, of clients
- Interacts with others involved with clients to support the client’s relationship with family and community
- Facilitates client trips and participation in community inclusion activities of choice
- Plans, implements, and monitors client budgets
- Prepares program reports of clients
- Maintains client files
- Provides orientation to new staff
- Supports client in meeting medical needs
- Communicating with medical professionals to ensure that client needs are met
· Post Secondary education in Social Work, Counselling or Nursing - Diploma or Degree
· Addictions Certification (diploma or certificate) or related experience. (I.C.A.D.C.) would be considered an asset
· 3 - 5 years experience in the mental health and addictions field and in residential/ outreach settings
· Life skills and recreational programming for high need clients
· Suicide Intervention Certification
· First Aid Certification
· Non-violent Crisis Intervention or Verbal Judo
· Mental Health First Aid
· Valid Driver’s License
· Computer Literacy
· Up to date Immunization Record
· Clear Criminal Record Check
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.