Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, the Vital Abel Boarding Home is wholly owned by the Det’on Cho Corporation. Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
Under the supervision and direction of the Manager, the Weekend Receptionist is a key member of the Vital Abel Boarding Home team and is instrumental in maintaining professional services for our guests.
The Midnight Reception is a rotational position (4 days on and 4 days off) and when needed due to business demands.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Welcoming new clients.
- Answering telephones and referring calls or taking messages.
- Assigning patients and/or escorts rooms.
- Communicating with Drivers on pickups, drop offs and deliveries of patients prescriptions.
- Helping to arrange travel with relevant agencies.
- Performing light housekeeping duties.
- Assisting with general administrative duties
- Knowledge of MS Office Suit and some data entry experience, an asset.
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Standard First Aid w/CPR, AED
- WHMIS Certificate
- Willing to undergo a Security Clearance Background Check