The Base Manager/Pilot will be responsible for managing all functions at the base including but not limited to administration, flight operations and client relations functions.
- Responsible IAW the COM, Section 2.2.6 and 4.2.1(2) for running a safe, profitable and efficient base;
- Scheduling and coordination of base aircrafts and base crew, pilots and engineers;
- Must be adept at identifying customer needs and be proactive and consultative in providing viable solutions;
- Communicate with GSH operations, maintenance, marketing and other internal departments;
- Manage and maintain base facilities along with safeguarding assets;
- Develop a rapport with local community, including political, business and government leaders/representatives;
- Identify any issues or matters beyond scope of the base and in a timely manner ensure that the appropriate department/personnel i.e.: client, prospective client, facility issue, etc. is actively involved in the resolution;
- Establishes and maintains a base safety program to ensure regulatory and company standards are met or exceeded.
- Other duties and projects as assigned duties.
- Pilot with current / validated Transport Canada helicopter license;
- 2000 hour PIC time;
- Exposure and previous work in the North;
- Endorsements on AS350 series and Bell 206 series;
- Pipeline Patrol Experience;
- Some mountain flying experience;
- Must be willing to relocate to Norman Wells for at least 2 years.