Western Arctic Moving Pictures is seeking to hire a part-time office administrator (approximately 20 hours per week). The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, be a strong communicator, and self-motivated. Duties include membership services, basic administration, programming support, and communications. Experience in the film and media industry not required, though it is an asset.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Office Administrator is responsible for providing administrative, communication, and program support duties to all staff of Western Arctic Moving Pictures (WAMP).
WAMP is a membership-based non-profit Canadian arts organization based in the City of Yellowknife. Our mission is to produce, support, showcase and promote the film, video, and digital media across the North. We do this by supporting filmmakers and digital creators by showcasing and promoting their work. Further, we support filmmakers by connecting them to stakeholders and resources; keeping them informed about funding opportunities, learning about and understanding their craft, and fostering professional relationships that support them in achieving their creative potential.
The Office Administrator is a part-time position the incumbent reports to the Executive Director.
– Data collection & records management
– Bookkeeping support
– Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the WAMP office, including scheduling meetings, answering the phone, checking mail, taking payments, and making bank deposits.
– Website updates;
– Creation & distribution of a monthly newsletter;
– Social media management.
– Assisting WAMP Executive Director & contractors with workshop promotion, logistics, registrations, and production;
– Event logistics and support for various WAMP events, including the 48 Hour Music Video Competition, the Yellowknife International Film Festival, and other workshops and events.
– Membership outreach (invitations to events, volunteer recruitment, etc.);
– Working with the Equipment Manager to coordinate equipment payments;
– Membership renewals, fee collection, and information distribution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize tasks
– Be able to work independently and be self-motivated
– Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to build rapport with artists and stakeholders
– Experience with Word, Excel, and Google Suites.
– The ability to work under deadlines and meet important deadlines during film festivals (etc…)
– An ability to collaborate and work in a team environment during festivals
– The ideal candidate will have experience in the film and media industry although not required (will be considered an asset).