Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd. is a northern-owned and operated family business providing the City of Yellowknife, NT, and surrounding areas, with waste collection and vacuum truck sewage removal for over 50 years. We have recently expanded our company to also provide innovative waste recycling and compaction solutions and landfill consultation. Our growing company needs a full-time Fleet and Operations Manager based in Yellowknife, NT.
The Fleet & Operations Manager will be accountable to ensure operators and equipment are working in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires excellent communication, problem solving and customer relation skills. A clear understanding of waste streams and equipment used is required. Familiarity with general mechanical repairs and troubleshooting procedures is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience leading a team of front-line employees and supervisors, preferably in the transportation or waste management industry.
- Ability to coach and develop team members using a positive attitude, collaboration, clear communication, and direction.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to get things done through others and people development. Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize workload.
- Safety-oriented with experience conducting safety meetings, recognizing risks, and working collaboratively with others for resolution.
- Ability to make informed decisions based on safety, service, and productivity standards, with an understanding of company processes, policies, and procedures.
- Computer literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in maintenance planning, fleet management and facilitation of preventative maintenance programs, including management of parts inventory and overseeing repairs and warranties.
- High level of initiative, organization, and positivity.
E-mail resumes to email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted, no phone calls please.