Food and Beverage Server
Ptarmigan Inn is seeking motivated and reliable persons to join our Food & Beverage Team as a part time server.
This position is currently limited to candidates living within 30km of Hay River.
- Effectively communicate with customers and resolve customer issues in a positive manner and cater to customer needs while on shift.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, clear tables during hours of service.
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders, and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions
- Previous restaurant experience (preferred).
- High School diploma considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Self-confident, personable, energetic personality.
- Must be punctual, dependable, and hard working.
- Availability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and willingness to work with short notice.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment on a regular basis.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.