Pilot-in-Waiting roles are dispatch/ ramp positions that lead to flight line positions on DC-3, C-46, BE10, DHC-6
- Marshal aircraft in ramp area; tows aircraft on the ground
- Unloads and loads passenger baggage and cargo to/from aircraft
- Performs on-board duties as required, including strict enforcement of emergency and safety procedures
- Delivers exceptional pre-flight and in-flight customer service, as applicable
- Assists with aircraft grooming and washing
- Assists with freight handling
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Ground Operations Manager
- Flight watch and following of all Buffalo Airways flights
- Maintain effective communication between all Operation departments; out-base staff/managers and other departments to minimize flight delays and day-of-flight schedule integrity.
- Keep up to date with changing weather and operating conditions and provide weather briefings to flight crews.
- Aircraft prep, de-icing and fueling
- Hold a valid Canadian Commercial Pilot License
- IATRA considered an asset, will be required for flight position.
- MULTI- IFR (Group 1)
- Category 1 medical
- Minimum 250 hours of fixed wing experience
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport considered an asset, will be require to flight position.
- Previous experience in a customer service role highly preferred
- Above average interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which include bending, climbing, and lifting
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- King Air, Baron and/or Travel Air time considered an asset.
We are a Northern based airline operating primarily from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. Since 1970 Buffalo Airways has been operating as a family run business. Our airline operates scheduled passenger, charter passenger, charter cargo, firefighting and fuel service from out main base is at Yellowknife Airport (CYZF) with offices in Hay River (CYHY), a courier office in Edmonton (CYXD) and a heavy maintenance base in Red Deer (CYQF).
Offering company benefits after 6 months of continuous employment.