EntrepreNorth is a project on Tides Canada’s Shared Platform that empowers Indigenous and community-based entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses and livelihoods across Northern Canada. We deliver applied business programming that helps entrepreneurs take their businesses to the next level and create positive impacts within their own communities. We envision a future where Northern entrepreneurs are manifesting new economic realities and balanced ways of being through the spirit of innovation. We are also working to advance thought leadership on Indigenous-centred business practices to empower innovation spirit, create systems change, and generate new economic pathways for Northern communities.
About the Role
EntrepreNorth is seeking a self-motivated and dynamic Program Manager who is passionate about empowering entrepreneurs to develop their capacity as business owners and community leaders. This position will report directly to the Project Director and takes a lead role in program management, curriculum design, and research and development. The Program Manager’s role encompasses a range of responsibilities, such as curriculum and resource design; curation of instructors, guest speakers and mentors, mapping participant success; and managing program delivery partnerships. The ideal candidate will possess strong project management skills, program/curriculum design experience, strong cultural competencies, and the ability to build positive relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Consult with the Project Director to determine annual program development and implementation plans and expectations
- Manage program implementation plans to align with strategic goals, objectives and funding agreements
- Manage budgets for program delivery activities and curriculum development initiatives
- Manage the development and implementation of online resources, tools and channels
- Manage Instructor/Mentor orientation and onboarding
- Manage the implementation of the evaluation framework and data collection activities
- Manage program participant recruitment, screening and selection processes
- Manage participant success and alumni network aftercare activities and supports
- Manage program logistics and supervision of program facilitators
- Manage development of program curriculum, learning resources and tools
- Manage RFPs and contracts with curriculum writers and other professional service providers
- Develop applied learning exercises and activities
- Develop Northern Indigenous business case studies
- Manage program participant success
- Manage program delivery partnerships (e.g. business mentors, professional coaches, guest instructors, etc.)
- Deepen connections with Northern funding agencies and services
- Support the development of an online database of business services and supports for entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Support the development of pro-bono and low-bono partnerships and program perks
- Support the development of program implementation policies and administrative procedures
- Process travel and expense claims
- Conduct expense reporting
- Setup vendor service contracts and monitor deliverables
- Track and monitor vendor invoices for payment
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree or college diploma in education, marketing, business management, or a related field. Work experience equivalencies will also be considered.
- Experience in project management and program/curriculum design
- Experience working in Indigenous communities and/or culturally sensitive environments
- Strong communication and marketing skills
- Strong networking and relationship building abilities
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
Please be advised that qualified Northern Indigenous applicants who self-identify will be given priority consideration. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject title “Program Manager Application - First & Last Name”. To learn more about EntrepreNorth, please visit our website at www.entreprenorth.ca.
EntrepreNorth is a project on Tides Canada's shared platform focused on empowering Indigenous and community-based entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses and livelihoods across Northern Canada.