The Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce is hiring a full-time Programs Coordinator!
This position is full-time for 35 hours a week, from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Candidates must be willing to work one weekend a year (Mother's Day weekend) when we host our annual Spring Trade Show. Candidates must also be available to work occasional evenings (less than 10 per year) based on our event schedule.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director, Deneen Everett, at: ExecutiveDirector@YKChamber.com by 11:59pm on January 1st, 2020.
Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter demonstrating strong communication skills.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on this job opportunity, please visit: https://ykchamber.com/were-hiring/
Event & Program Coordination:
- Coordinate all approved Business Club Luncheons, Business After Hours and Lunch & Learn events
- Coordinate the annual #ShopYK Passport program and Shop Local Day
- Assist with event planning for the AGM, Trailblazers Symposium, Spring Trade Show, Small Business Week Conference, Business Award Gala, and other events as required
- Research and recommend potential event speakers
- Book speakers and coordinate logistics
- Approach potential event sponsors and ensure sponsorship agreements are fulfilled
- Make sales calls and follow-up on sales leads, especially related to the annual membership drive and Spring Trade Show
- Assist with the event setup and tear down of the Spring Trade Show – Must be able to stand for long periods of time and carry 20 lbs
- Responsible for the set-up of events, including bringing event supplies to the venue and ensuring they are returned to the office
- Register guests, answer questions and provide assistance with the annual Travel Program
Marketing & Communications
- Prepare e-blasts with content provided by our members, and promoting Yellowknife Chamber initiatives and events using Constant Contact
- Work with our magazine publisher to ensure accuracy in our printed business directory
- Ensure the website is kept up to date
- Ensure communications follow the YK Chamber’s style guide – font, size and colors
- Maintain an accurate online event calendar
- Monitor local media sources for media coverage and share coverage through appropriate communication channels (social media, website)
- Using HootSuite, schedule social media posts for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Create and manage Facebook events
- Respond to comments and messages on Facebook, ensuring our respond rate remains at 100%
- Using an assigned budget, create advertising plans and facilitate with vendors
- Using Adobe Creative Cloud, create entry-level graphic design content including newspaper advertisements, signage, social media images and other material as required
- Using Adobe Creative Cloud, update the annual Membership Benefits Package and Annual Report
- Prepare written communications including press releases, reference letters for members and speeches
- Coordinate and organize Business Award Gala nominations and supplementary documentation
- Create interesting and effective marketing campaigns for membership growth, the Spring Trade Show and the Travel Program
- Study other chambers and their best practices for event management and marketing and make recommendations for improvement
Membership & Benefits:
- Participate in membership renewal ‘welcome phone calls’
- Act as the membership liaison, being the primary point of contact to ensure member satisfaction
- Manage the annual Member2Member discount program
- Work with the Chambers Plan, UPS and First Data to increase enrollment numbers
- Assist in annual membership renewal
- Participate in the recruitment of new members
- Update ChamberMaster and Constant Contact to ensure our databases are accurate, as needed
- Research and propose potential new membership benefits
Perform administrative duties in the absence of the part-time Executive Assistant
Perform additional duties as required by the Executive Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Entry level experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to learn complex online databases
- High level of accuracy and exceptional writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and carry 20 lbs, and
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation