We are looking for a project coordinator to set up and organize a project to decrease social isolation of older adults in 10 NWT communities in collaboration with local facilitators. This project is for 56 months and is funded by New Horizons for Seniors, a program of the Government of Canada.
Full position description is available upon request.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. The position is available immediately and ends in April 2024.
Submit resume by email, fax or in person by November 8th, 2019:
NWT Seniors’ Society
102, 4916 46th Street
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax number (867) 920-7601
The candidate will coordinate a five-year project to reduce social isolation of vulnerable older adults in 10 NWT communities. The project will evolve from a collective impact plan developed by community facilitators, non-governmental organizations, Indigenous and public governments. The project coordinator will liaise with community facilitators who will carry out the program in their community. A leadership team, an advisory committee and an Elders’ council will guide the work of the project. The candidate will be responsible for organizing a territorial forum, a community facilitators training program and writing activity reports to the funder. The position will report to the Executive Director of the NWT Seniors’ Society.
- Undergraduate degree in social work, recreation, community development, healthcare, psychology or a related field; equivalent experience will be considered as well
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience working with seniors’ issues and concerns; experience in an Indigenous environment and/or northern/remote communities preferred;
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and orally
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft and experience with or ability to learn collaboration software, data management and data management software
- Must be able to travel to small, northern communities by air or land including a valid driver’s license.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search will be a condition of the employment offer.