Reporting directly to Market Manager and collaborating regularly with the Delivery Coordinator, the Propane Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers. The Driver will deliver, load and unload propane into the bulk truck and end use containers while providing exceptional customer service. The Driver will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the delivery and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Transfer, collect, load and deliver propane product to and from containers (bulk truck, tanks and/or cylinders) for customers. Initiate and conduct the asset verification process.
- Leverage technology by utilizing the On Board Truck Computers (OBTC) to: Monitor and track the transfer of propane inventory, tank levels and container sizing;
- Notify the Delivery Coordinator of route, customer or call frequency changes and adjustments.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations. This includes conducting and, if applicable documenting, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections.
- Maintain equipment to the highest level of safety standards, reporting any mechanical issues to the Field Operations Manager/Delivery Coordinator.
- Immediately notify the Delivery Coordinator and/or Field Operations Manager of any potential issues, infractions, or accidents. Prepare and submit necessary paperwork accurately detailing the incident to the Delivery Coordinator within the appropriate timelines.
- Collaborate with the Delivery Coordinator frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Delivery Coordinator of any product, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation.
- Collaborate with the Delivery Coordinator and inform them of any successes, issues or challenges encountered. Obtain their consent and a purchase order to work overtime.
- Submit hours worked, including overtime purchase orders, on a timely basis bi-weekly to the Field Operations Manager for approval.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations and corporate image.
- Present a respectable and clean corporate image maintaining a clean and organized vehicle.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary.
- Identify and capitalize on sales opportunities, offers brochures with basic price lists and a contact number.
- High School education.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Appropriate provincial Class 3 Driver's license with an air brake ticket and clean drivers abstract.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on board truck computers.
**Please note this is a seasonal contract role from September 2020 - April 2021**