The Human Resources Department of the Tlicho Investment Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and skilled professional to join our team on a 12 month term (leave replacement), as Recruitment and Community Operations Team Lead If you are someone that considers yourself to be a high volume recruiter, a champion in employee motivation and engagement, and a dedicated and knowledgeable HR professional, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, Training & Development, this role will oversee all Tlicho Investment Corporation & group of companies overall recruitment initiatives and provide dedicated support and guidance to managers and employees within our Community Operations (retail, hospitality, construction, forestry) with a focus on HR fundamentals. A successful candidate will be required to have a minimum of 5 years experience in an Senior Level Human Resources/recruitment role, a strong understanding of the NWT Employment Standards Act, and experience working and collaborating with Indigenous groups. This position is primarily based in Yellowknife, NT with travel to other communities/work site locations as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide focused support on HR fundamentals to both management and employees of our Community Operations, to include: Employee advocacy/engagement, HR policy/procedure communication, implementation and training, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, conflict resolution, compensation, and workplace investigations;
- Oversee and perform full cycle recruitment initiatives within the Human Resources Team for all divisions/departments; including the direct supervision of two (2) Human Resources Officers;
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support and enhance HR recruitment initiatives;
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations corrective action/performance improvement;
- Ensure that routine and complex employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated, and resolved in a timely and confidential manner;
- Work with the TIC Human Resources Director and team on special projects or initiatives as needed;
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care;
- Maintain and seek out ways to maximize utilization of the current Bamboo HRIS within our Community Operations;
- Other duties as required.
Typically the above would be attained by completion of a post-secondary degree in Human Resources from an accredited college or university, along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Senior Level/Supervisory Human Resources capacity with a focus on high-volume and ongoing recruitment. Experience working in a culturally diverse envirnoment required and the ability to speak/understand the Tlicho language considered an asset. Being a strong team player and having an awesome personality are musts!
If you think this could be the perfect role for you, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online through our TIC BambooHR application: