Summer student position for May-August, 2019
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Regular posting to facebook, website and twitter on issues of interests to seniors.
- Organizing and distributing promotional materials for Senior Citizens Month.
- Production of a newsletter using online resources and information provided by NWTSS.
- Initiating Annual Report for AGM
- Research promotional materials for healthy living for seniors
- Providing basic information in response to questions from clients calling Seniors' Information Line
- Review updates in approaches and support for Aging in Place
- Attend Community Health Fair if invited
Other duties to be determined by Executive Director and employee
Must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, between the ages of 15 and 30 and legally entitled to work according to territorial legislation and regulations.
Academic studies in communication, advocacy for older adults, social work and gerontology or related social field is preferred.