Under the direction of the WMS Supervisor, the employee provides resident support services, on-site supervision, housekeeping, and security for the NWT Resource Centre - Withdrawal Management Services. This is a unionized part-time, ( maximum 8-16 hours/week) position.
Implements formal and informal training plans communicated by Caseworkers
- Responds to crisis situations in the home while on shift such as medical emergencies and behavioral issues
- Offers clients opportunity for growth, development, and choice of lifestyle
- Provides advocacy services or teaches self-advocacy for clients
- Post-secondary education or related experience in social services
- Effective interpersonal communication in English, both written and oral
- Effective assessment, observation, and documentation skills
- Ability to implement policy and procedure
- Ability to work within a teamwork structure and will be required to work alone
- Understanding of Indigenous and Inuit cultures; addictions, mental health, and other social issues
- Conflict Resolution, First Aid, Verbal Judo and/or NVCI, Suicide Intervention, Mental Health First Aid are all an asset
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check required
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 130 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination.
There are four core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada and Bermuda Territory.
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.