This management position is part time with flexible hours. Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are non-profit home improvement stores and donation centres that sell new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
Shopping at a ReStore is a socially conscious decision, as funds generated are used to fund Habitat for Humanity NWT home building projects. It is also an environmentally conscious decision, as much of what is sold is product that is new, gently used or customer returns that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
Habitat for Humanity NWT’s ReStore is located adjacent to the Yellowknife Solid Waste Facility.
ReStore Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensures all workers receive SHE training and all staff receive WHMIS training.
- Responsible for all staff, volunteers and shoppers adhering to our safety policies, including daily job hazard assessments.
- Maintains and makes improvements to the physical warehouse to improve operations, following a yearly warehouse maintenance schedule, including such things as fire extinguishers, fire alarms, truck maintenance, forklift maintenance, etc.
- Responsible for the wellbeing and safety of all staff, volunteers and shoppers and ensures appropriate steps are followed when safety concerns arise.
- Ensures aisles clear free of product or any other safety hazard.
- Works to keep the entire store including bathrooms, staff area and all merchandising units and product neat and clean, and ensures it is cleaned on a regular basis.
B. Procurement, Inventory & Mechanizing
- Ensures there is an effective and efficient inventory flow from intake through to purchase.
- Works to provide the best / optimal merchandising layout in order to maximize sales and ensure the safety and cleanliness of the store.
- Responsible for ensuring all product is priced appropriately and that all workers are following pricing procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating all intake guidelines and procedures for all workers.
- Continually seeks to minimize the cost of the disposal of unsold product in a manner that does not compromise the Habitat for Humanity NWT brand.
- Ensures all materials donated are of resale quality.
- Ensures that all staff and volunteers remove all donor commercial identification marks and UPC’s on donated materials for sale.
- Leads the procurement process and works with the Executive Director to determine the demand of specific used and surplus building materials and manages the development and implementation of the procurement strategy for the acquisition of such materials.
C. Sales & Customer Service
- Ensures retail sales are maximized through a variety of means.
- Ensures every worker (paid or unpaid) provides superior customer service to all customers.
- Provides through the ReStore an effective and supportive portal of the Affiliate for potential donors, volunteers and families.
D. Finance & Administration
- Creates monthly ReStore reports that articulate a snapshot of the current state of the ReStore.
- Ensures compliance with all financial reporting practices including the reconciling of daily sales, the daily closing out of all financial transactions, preparation of all invoices for payment, and Restore Sales reporting to Habitat for Humanity Canada.
- Establishes the value of all gift-in-kind donations ensuring compliance with existing policies and Canadian Revenue Agency regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering supplies.
- Creates and posts weekly staff and volunteer schedules and sends the Executive Director bi-weekly payroll reports.
E. Human Resources
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, manages all ReStore HR responsibilities, including posting positions, interviewing, hiring and termination of paid ReStore staff, according to the HR policies of the organization.
- Trains, orients, schedules and supervises all ReStore staff.
- Conducts all yearly and other ReStore staff performance and compensation reviews, subject to prior approval by the Executive Director.
- Ensures that all Human Resources policies and procedures are followed.
- Holds regular staff & volunteer briefings and monthly staff meetings.
F. Volunteer Program
- Responsible for managing all volunteers in the ReStore, recognizing the critical role for volunteers in the ReStore organization and takes positive steps to develop and nurture these volunteers.
- Works in partnership with the Executive Director to recruit, train, manage and recognize all volunteers in meaningful ways.
- Ensures effective communication between staff, volunteers and management including conducting regular briefings and monthly staff meetings to which the volunteers are invited to as well.
G. External Marketing
- Works with the Executive Director to manage the advertising and publicity for the ReStore operation within the scope of the approved ReStore budget and policies, practices and procedures. All external ReStore communications (including media interviews, advertisements, and social media posts) must be approved by the Executive Director.
H. General Responsibilities
- Takes advantage of professional development opportunities and brings these to the attention of the Executive Director for approval to participate.
- Attends and participates in ReStore-related training opportunities (as the budget will allow).
- Is a leader in customer service, presenting the story of Habitat for Humanity to the ReStore donor and customer base whenever possible.
Other duties as assigned.
Habitat for Humanity Northwest Territories is a registered charity working toward a North where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. Our mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners to build homes and promote homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty. With the help of volunteers, our goal is to build strength, stability and self-reliance by providing Northern families with safe, decent, and affordable homes.