SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas around the world. In Canada, we deliver services throughout Nunavut and to select communities in the Northwest Territories.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People, Ideas, Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We use technology (of all sorts) as the fuel to drive our learning. We apply what we create with our best effort to improve the world around us.
This is where you come in: you have always loved working with your hands, playing with new technologies and feel a great sense of accomplishment and pride when you finish the job. You are a creative problem solver who comes up with working solutions on the fly if things don’t go according to plan. This is an opportunity to drive our expanding services by installing, upgrading and supporting our infrastructure! Get your hands dirty and build something beautiful for the North.
Our dream hire would be a former VSAT installer, but if you have lots of experience with the following, you could be the person we are looking for!
- Traveling for the maintenance and repair of our remote earth stations
- Working safely at heights
- Configuring and calibrating of various satellite and network equipment
- Testing of our various network and satellite components
- Documenting all changes, tests and audits
- Providing system operational feedback to the manager on an ongoing basis
- Directing and working along side contractors, tradespeople, and our representatives in the communities
- Make safety a priority
- Enjoy traveling to remote parts of Northern Canada
- Are strong as an ox, and agile as a monkey
- Aren’t bothered by adverse weather conditions
- Possess strong communication & organizational skills
- Are a positive, genuine team player – friendly, personable and helpful
- Are able to work with minimal supervision – trustworthy, methodical and detailed
- Demonstrate great initiative and excel in problem solving
- Are able to understand and follow complex instructions
- Are proficient with hand tools, power tools, and safety equipment
- Are a fast learner, and eager to play with new technologies
- Are conscientious about deadlines and responsibilities
- Always strive to "get the job done"
- Manage unexpected tasks and situations with ease
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
If you can't check off all the boxes, but you're bright, (quirky is great too) and passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you! Convince us with your cover letter!
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!