Currently accepting applications for a security guard position.
We would like to remind applicants that this position requires shift work, that includes overnights, holidays, evenings, and mornings. The successful applicant will be scheduled for any day of the week, and work 3-4 days a week (part-time)
Training will be provided and of no cost to the applicant.
We will only be accepting applications from local applicants, and those whom are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Patrol premises and ensure properties are clear of hazards.
- Respond to high stress emergencies such as medical situations, floods, fires, and maintain order on the premises.
- Contacting and working with Emergency Services when required.
- Remain on post, and follow orders from superiors and building managers.
- Remove any unwanted visitors and patrons from the property if required.
- Mediate disputes between members of the public on the property.
- Access control.
- Enforcing rules and regulations set out by the building management.
- Provide general assistance to members of the public.
To be considered for this position, the successful applicant must have the following:
- High school diploma
- Relevant work experience
- Standard first aid with CPR and AED
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Protect certificate offered by the AGLC (online)
- Possess an assertive personality, and have the aptitude to deal with difficult persons and situations.