CBC is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to provide advice and guidance to CBC North’s management team in Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
You will be responsible for working with your Human Resources Manager to provide a full range of Human Resources Consultative Services within an assigned client area, including:
• Providing advice and guidance to managers on a range of Human Resources and Industrial Relations Issues.
• Ensuring productive union-management relations by maintaining effective working relationships with union representatives locally and nationally.
• Ensuring adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
• Providing recommendations to streamline and find efficiencies with existing processes and procedures.
• Providing organizational development support to your clients in areas such as: Talent Management (succession planning and career planning), departmental restructuring, team facilitations, change management, etc.
• Providing advice and guidance on complex compensation and benefits matters
• Working closely with line management with respect to absenteeism and gradual return to work plans for disability cases.
• Participating in a wide range of Human Resources and management/departmental projects.
University degree and additional courses in Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations or equivalent.
3-5 years of Human Resources and Industrial Relations experience, in a fast-paced, unionized environment.
Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and decision making skills when solving difficult client problems and departmental issues, with the ability to provide and support your recommendations.
Demonstrated success in supporting complex HR and IR issues with Senior Leadership.
Experience with Organizational development work including team building and group facilitation.
Experience developing and executing inclusion and diversity strategies.
Superior written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interpretative skills.
Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with managers and staff at every level of the organization.
Excellent skills in all Microsoft applications, Google platforms and up-to-speed on industry trends and social media use as a business tool.
Experience working in a talent management or SAP is an asset.
Light travel is required within the province and nationally.
An understanding of the broadcasting industry including multimedia platforms is an asset.
French would be considered an asset.
Knowledge of an indigenous language would be an asset.
CHRP designation (or equivalent) is an asset.