Hemmera is growing, are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your entrepreneurial spirit, by helping to build a business and lead a high-performing team?
To support Hemmera’s continued growth and expansion into the Northwest Territories we are looking for a Senior Project Manager / Technical Leader to join our Environmental Planning & Ecology (EPE) team. If you are an environmental professional, with experience in project management, environmental assessment and leadership of environmental project teams we want to hear from you. Your role will be to lead project managers with the delivery of current projects and as well as the development of new opportunities in the NWT to support delivery of our national business.
- Providing leadership to the management of environmental projects in northern Canada and nationally including building and directing multi-disciplinary project teams, developing and executing work-plans, and working directly with our clients and their partners, and with regulators.
- Promoting the growth of Hemmera’s core service areas, fostering and maintaining a strong reputation in the marketplace as an industry expert to enhance relationships with existing clients and develop new clients.
- Developing project proposals and lead the client development process through marketing plans and strategies.
- Maintaining and growing your industry and professional knowledge and leadership skills to ensure Hemmera remains ahead of the marketplace.
- Seeking out and acquiring new business opportunities and acting to identify opportunities to expand the scope of existing projects.
- Developing client relationships that facilitate successful delivery of projects and the maintenance of future/ongoing opportunities.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive work environment through a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the office, region, and between other areas of the organization.
- Training, growing and building responsibility in junior staff members.
You are entrepreneurial in nature, have previous experience in leading complex projects, and are a client focused professional who thrives in a fast-paced team-approach environment. You have a strong understanding of environmental management considerations in the context of the construction and operation of energy, mining, oil and gas and transportation infrastructure Projects.
- Related technical qualifications including relevant undergraduate degree. Holding a professional designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 15 years of related progressive experience including at least 10 years in a Project Manager role or discipline lead role.
- Extensive project / discipline management experience involving fully managing multiple projects from beginning to end.
- Exposure to a variety of projects, sectors, multiple clients, and various degrees of project complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining a team of professionals to support projects and the business.
- Demonstrated track record of risk, financial and budget management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
By providing quality services to our clients, Hemmera has earned the opportunity to take on challenging projects, which allows us to continue to add to our roster of exceptional professionals, contribute to scientific and regulatory dialogue, and give back to the communities where we live and work. With primary office locations in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Whitehorse, and Toronto, we have established a strong project presence across Canada.