This competition is open until filled, however, the first review date is: February 18, 2019.
We are currently accepting resumes for Regular full-time Service Technician position located in Iqaluit, NU.
- Installs and maintains communications equipment and associated wiring/fiber.
- Organizes, develops, plans and documents all on site work to the Customer's/Company's satisfaction. This may involve coordinating work with other employees and training customers.
- Represents the Company through direct contact with customers. During these contacts explains Company equipment and services as is appropriate.
- Climbs poles, uses ladders and operates vehicular equipment in a safe efficient manner. Uses hand and power tools.
- Shift work and travel may be required.
ᓴᓇᔩᑦ ᓄᐊᑦᕕᔅᑎᐅᒃᑯᓐᓂ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᔅᓴᖏᑦ ᐊᒥᓱᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᔾᔨᒌᙱᑦᑐᒃᑯᑦ ᐅᐊᔭᒨᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐱᔨᑦᑎᕋᐅᑎᓄᑦ ᐃᓚᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᑕᕐᕆᔭᐅᑎᑦ, ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᓕᕆᓂᖅ, ᓴᕕᒐᐅᔭᒃᑰᙱᑦᑐᑦ, ᓂᐲᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑎᑎᕋᖅᓯᒪᔪᑦ.
- ᐃᓕᓯᓗᓂ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑲᒪᓗᒋᑦ ᐅᐊᔭᒨᕈᑎᓄᑦ ᐱᖁᑎᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᓖᑦ ᓴᕕᒐᐅᔭᓂᒃ/ᐊᕿᑦᑐᑦ ᓴᕕᒐᐅᔭᐃᑦ.
- ᐋᖅᑭᒃᓱᐃᓗᓂ, ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᓗᓂ, ᐸᕐᓇᓪᓗᓂ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑎᑎᕋᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ ᑕᒪᕐᒥᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᐅᔪᓄᑦ ᓂᐅᕕᖃᑦᑕᖅᑐᓂᒃ/ᓇᒻᒥᓂᕆᔭᐅᔪᒧᑦ ᐊᑲᐅᓈᕐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ. ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᑐᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᓕᒃ ᑲᒪᔨᐅᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᔅᓴᓂᒃ ᐊᓯᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓕᓴᐃᑎᑦᑎᓂᖅ ᓂᐅᕕᖅᑐᓄᑦ.
- ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᓗᓂ ᓇᒻᒥᓂᖃᖅᑐᒧᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᓂᖅ ᓂᐅᕕᖃᑦᑕᖅᑐᓂᒃ. ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᓪᓗᒍ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᓗᓂᒋᑦ ᓇᒻᒥᓂᕆᔭᐅᔪᑉ ᐱᖁᑎᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐱᔨᑦᑎᕋᐅᑎᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᔪᑦ.
- ᒪᔪᕋᕈᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ ᓇᑉᐹᖅᑐᓂᒃ, ᒪᔪᕋᐅᑎᓕᕆᔪᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓄᓇᓯᐅᑎᓕᕆᔪᓐᓇᕐᓂᖅ ᐊᑦᑕᕐᓇᙱᑦᑐᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᑲᐅᓈᖅᑐᒃᑯᑦ. ᐊᒡᒐᒥᑎᒍᑦ ᓴᓇᔪᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ ᓴᓇᕐᕈᑎᓂᒃ.
- ᐃᓇᖐᖅᑐᔅᓴᒥᒃ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᑐᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᖃᖅᑐᖅ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᖏᕐᕋᖁᔭᐅᑐᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᖃᖅᑐᖅ.
- Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent communications experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate well with customers.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to continuous change.
- Must have good organizational/coordination skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, minimum Class 5.
- ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕌᓂᒃᓯᒪᓗᓂ ᐅᐊᔭᒨᒍᑎᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᒃᑯᑕᓂᒃ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᔅᓴᒥᑦ ᐃᓕᑕᖅᓯᕝᕕᒻᒥᑦ ᐅᐊᔭᒨᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᓯᓚᑦᑐᖅᓴᕐᕕᒃ/ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕐᕕᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᔾᔨᑲᓯᐊᑐᑦ ᐅᐊᔭᒨᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐃᓕᓯᒪᓂᖅ.
- ᐊᑲᐅᓈᖅᑐᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᒻᒥᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᔪᙱᔾᔪᑎᔅᓴᖏᑦ, ᐅᖃᖃᑎᖃᕈᓐᓇᑦᑎᐊᕐᓗᓂ ᓂᐅᕕᖅᑐᓄᑦ.
- ᐊᑲᐅᓈᕈᓐᓇᖅᑐᖅ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓱᖏᐅᑎᔪᓐᓇᖅᑐᖅ ᑲᔪᓯᔪᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᓯᙳᖅᐸᓪᓕᐊᓂᖏᑦ.
- ᐱᐅᔪᒥᒃ ᐊᔪᙱᓪᓗᓂ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᕐᒧᑦ/ᐊᐅᓚᑦᑎᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᔪᙱᔾᔪᑎᔅᓴᓂᒃ.
- ᓄᓇᓯᐅᑎᒧᑦ ᓚᐃᓴᖃᕐᓗᕐᓂ, Class 5.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.