Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Technician will check equipment performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions, adjust, repair or replace defective parts and ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications. Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work. Service attachments and tools and may be required to service work vehicles. Utilizes computerized and testing equipment for diagnostic purposes and is familiar with parts look ups, and other dealer search methods for parts and manuals.
Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to:
Repair, overhauls, maintains & services equipment to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate, perform rental check out inspections
- Determine performance problems
- Service according to equipment schedules
- Warranty repairs & estimates preparation
- Document repair work done & parts used
- Repairs small engine or heavy duty equipment including minor/major repairs and other preventative measures to ensure in safe operational condition
Maintains appropriate service and repairs records
- Service orders, parts orders
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies and labor with the service writer
Researches and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies
- Able to search and obtain manuals online, or navigate parts look up
- Maintain and update dealership requirements related to Kubota, Bobcat, etc
Assists and serves as back up to other facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of continuing education for dealership *
- May be required to take a course or travel after hours
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and care for shop tools and equipment
- Clean tools and lock boxes at the end of the day
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Make recommendations to make the workplace safer
It is the responsibility of the technician to put in the effort to maintain up to date technical training as required by the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MUST have completed a 3-5 year program or red seal endorsement or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Completion of a 3-5 year program or Red Seal endorsement;
- Must be proficient with common computer applications;
- Ability to handle a heavy workload;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a noisy environment
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Demonstrated initiative;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide drivers abstract upon hire.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Ron’s Auto Service Ltd. is a fast growing company that provides industrial supply, sales, service, and rental of large and small equipment across the Northwest Territories and Nunavut with annual sales of $10M. The business carries in excess of 200 product lines and several equipment dealerships.