Reliable, part-time, stable hand required for small private stable with three beautiful (and slightly spoiled) horses. Approximately 10-20 hours per week, with occasional opportunities for more hours during owner travel.
Great opportunity for someone who prefers an active but quiet, positive work environment around animals...with no pesky co-workers!
Must have familiarity with horses and be exceptionally trustworthy, observant and caring.
Some duties require short periods outside at cold temperatures.
No riding opportunities at this time but great options to enhance learning about horses and their management.
- Mucking stalls
- Feeding and watering horses
- Blanketing horses for daily turnout
- Various barn chores including sweeping, restocking barn with hay and shavings, small amount of snow shoveling ( eg in front of doors) , etc.
- extremely reliable and responsible
- physically fit
- familiar with horses
- kind animal lover
- able to follow established, proven routines
- positive attitude
- ability to pay attention to detail and surroundings to maintain horses' health and safety
- Willing to dress appropriately and perform some brief outdoor tasks in cold weather.