We are looking for a Summer Student - Environment to work at Gahcho Kué. This position is project specific, located at the mine site on a two week on, two weeks off schedule from May 4-18 switching to 4 weeks on, two weeks off to end of August 2021.
The Summer Student - Environment will participate in the Bird Deterrent program and will include a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work as part of the De Beers Environmental team;
- Conduct fieldwork requirement initiatives (species management, monitoring, and surveys);
- Contribute to various reporting and data entry requirements;
- Utilize various types of equipment (hand held monitors, loggers, etc.), maintain and calibrate as required;
- Support the team and assist with additional requests as needed.
- Preference will be given to members of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation, North Slave Metis Alliance, Northwest Territory Metis Nation or Tlicho Government and residents of the Northwest Territories;
- Proof of enrollment in post- secondary schooling in the Environmental Sciences;
- Environment sampling, monitoring and reporting experience would be an asset;
- Working knowledge and identification of bird species.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in providing professional feedback to team.
- Mine experience preferred, ability to work in remote locations
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.