Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North. Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.
The Talent Acquisition Manager, reporting to the Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing an end to end strategy for full-cycle recruitment. This position is an integral part of the HR team who partners with the business to build and deliver key talent at Northwestel.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Lead and develop the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Partner with stakeholders to gain an understanding of future resource requirements (union and non-union).
- Ensure appropriate selection and assessment criteria are being utilized across the organization.
- Effectively fill open non-union positions, as well as union positions when required.
- Work with hiring managers on recruitment planning, administering, and interpreting pre-employment assessments, applicant review, interviewing, reference checks and the offer process.
- Understand the Collective Agreement and federal legislation as it applies to recruitment and selection. Provide coaching and interpretation to all stakeholders.
- Conduct follow-up with the Leaders to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Manage the recruitment budget, liaison with Marketing on recruitment branding propositions.
- Produce, analyze, and present statistical reports and metrics as it applies to recruitment (open positions, time to fill etc.).
- Research, establish and sustain alliances (Intern and co-op programs) with educational or trade institutions to source future talent.
- Coordinate and implement the summer student and coop recruiting initiatives, programs, and careers fairs.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Human Resources or related discipline, with a minimum of three years of demonstrated end to end experience in union and non-union recruitment. A CHRP designation would be beneficial.
- Strong leadership, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and listening skills, as well as the ability to negotiate and solve problems considering the bigger picture & client input.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to keep pace with a constantly evolving client organization are required.
- Strong ability and a sense of demonstrated relationship management skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office Suite Programs in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.