Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Kanata (Ottawa), SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 25 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband, fixed and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
SSi is looking for eager and personable individuals to help round out our customer support team. Our group is comprised of people who are passionate about their work and pride themselves in providing the absolute best customer service possible. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to be clearly understood on the phone are definite musts for this position. Previous experience dealing with the public is needed, however, if you feel that you have an exceptional talent with people without the job history to back it up, we encourage you to apply!
In addition to exemplary people skills the successful candidate must possess the ability to do basic troubleshooting of common PC, home router, and internet issues as well as mobile devices and related mobile service issues. The capability to relay complex instructions to clientele in a non-technical manner will be considered a significant strength. Any additional technical knowledge including things such as DNS, web hosting, and TCP/IP will garner you major bonus points! Providing customers with account and billing support (primarily over the phone) will make up for a significant portion of your day.
Staff must be willing to expand their knowledge base to cover more advanced topics - such as assisting customers with their computers or routers - as they relate to services that SSi provides.
This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for: join our team of highly talented professionals, impress us with your fresh ideas & customer support skills, and be a Customer Care Agent at SSi!
- As first contact with the public, provide desktop support services, which includes setting up new accounts, receiving payments, solving basic connection problems and directing customers to the appropriate staff members for advanced services;
- Daily review of all voice mail and email inquiries as they arrive, responding to customers in a timely manner, or refer inquiries to the appropriate areas of support;
- Become familiar with the features and tools found in our customer management system, accurately record customer information and transactions, and answer customer account queries;
- Maintain an organized, accurate and up to date customer filing system for all documentation;
- Maintain (at all times) a clean and organized personal work area;
- Maintain an open dialogue with all of our remote Community Service Providers (CSPs) and ensure that their concerns are addressed in a timely manner;
- Assist with other office services when required;
- Other duties that interest you!
- Familiarity with various mobile OS’s (Android, iOS), their settings, and their basic functionality;
- Familiarity with various mobile network services, eg. SMS, voice, data / Internet and some of the more popular mobile applications;
- An advanced understanding of numerous OS’s (OSX, Windows, etc), web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc), and email clients (Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Mac Mail, etc);
- An intimate knowledge of home router functionality and troubleshooting;
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills;
- An ability to manage challenging customer service scenarios;
- Impeccable customer service skills;
- A proficiency with computers and mobile phones;
- Flexibility to cover morning, evening, and weekend shifts.
What Skyrockets Your Resume to the Top?
- Basic understanding of GSM call setup and call routing and or LTE architecture;
- Fluent in French
- Basic understanding of DHCP, Static IPs, and DNS;
- Fluency in one or more NWT or NU official languages.
If you don’t have all of the skills listed, but are bright, driven to succeed, and know you want to work for us, send us a cover letter and resume anyway. We are always looking for the right people to join our team!
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!